I’ve had a sinus infection since the beginning of December.
Yes. Six weeks of INFECTION in my FACE.
The fact that I have a sinus infection is not at all surprising; I get them all the time. But they typically aren’t so persistent.
So after a Z-pack and a round of 875mg of amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days, I am now on a 10 day run of Augmentin to be paired with Mucinex D until I’m finished with the antibiotic. If THAT doesn’t work, I have a prescription for some sort of steroid situation tucked away if needed.
And if THAT doesn’t work, I get to have a CT scan done of my face because my doctor thinks I could possibly have some sort of internal, structural issue causing these infections that would require surgery In fact, he even asked me if I suffered any sort of trauma to my nose or face because my nasal passages just don’t drain properly.
How hot is that?
The amount of medication required to keep me functioning and feeling ok at this moment is a bit ridiculous. Here’s a list!
1. Zoloft (for my brain)
2. Clonazepam (also for my brain, but only as needed…which is somewhat often right now)
3. Augmentin (for the sinuses)
4. Mucinex (also for the sinuses)
5. Flonase (to manage the allergies which could potentially be the cause of the sinus issues — we’re hoping that’s it because I’d rather not have surgery INSIDE MY NOSE)
6. Birth control (because the last thing I need to worry about right now is a baby)
That just seems…not right. There are so many chemicals running through my body, I’m eventually going to turn into a mutant, I think.
Ugh, I can’t even talk about it anymore. Send peanut butter cups. And tissues.